Sunday 9 February 2014

You Burn Your Clothes And You Pray To The Stars

When I was in Grade 8, my teacher had us make 1000 paper cranes, based on the story of Sadako Sasaki. I've since been to the Peace Memorial in her honour in Hiroshima; people leave thousands of folded paper cranes there even to this day. It's a beautiful tribute.

I had bought some origami paper while I was in Japan, but never really made much use of it. So I added it to my goal list. I actual got a origami kit for Christmas from Nick's mom a couple of years ago! So over a few different attempts over the 1001 days, Nick and I tackled a few different folding sessions.

First came the penguins...

Then the Christmas tree and the mushroom...


And finally the star and the lotus blossom.


I think the star was my favourite. We actually found a website that had really good instructions with clear pictures to follow. Who knew we had such skills!


No comments:

Post a Comment