Tuesday 25 February 2014

Just Keep Swimming

As I was making my goal list, I had triathlon sports in mind (hence the running, biking and swimming goals). I've always loved swimming; it's calming, quiet, soothing and I could swim forever. If only I always had a pool to myself.

It took me quite a while to get my 10 km in. Not because I didn't want to! Swim times at the Wellness Centre were either during the day (uh hello, I work for a living) or from 8 - 10 at night (as if I ever want to go out at that point during the week). My weekend choice was from 4 -5. Not ideal either. It was never really convenient to go.




It didn't help that I had a few not so great swim experiences when I did go. When it's too busy, or there's people who have no concept of lane swimming etiquette, I get disgruntled, and the calming/quiet/soothing part is all gone. Perhaps there aren't explicit written rules, but common courtesy would be helpful.

If only I could have an empty pool all to myself. Although it did work out when I was in a lane with someone just slightly faster than me; I had to work harder to keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment