Sunday 23 February 2014

All Of My Change I Spent On You

Both Nick and I had school debt.

I was lucky enough to not need much OSAP for my undergrad, so the $3000 I borrowed was paid off the summer after I graduated since my parents let me live at home no charge for exactly that purpose.

Then I got my B.Ed a couple years later, and by that time Nick and I were living together (and obviously paying bills) so it was a little tougher. At the same time (just after we got married), Nick got into a new program through the college, which meant we both had tuition to pay. Luckily my parents were willing to loan us the money. And we were able to pay that $15000 in decent time.

The one that took us forever was Nick's OSAP from an unfinished college program from years ago. We had an automatic withdrawal of $77 a month, and it was easy to just let it do its thing. It was very low interest, so why worry about it when we had other things to pay for?

And just before Christmas, we were finally able to pay the last $1000 or so left, and be done with it.


Now if only we would notice the extra $77 each month...

No comments:

Post a Comment