Sunday 9 February 2014

Under Them Skies Of Blue

I really wanted to try geocaching; it was basically a scavenger hunt while hiking, so it sounded perfect. I wish that a city nearby did a Great Urban Race, but no such luck.

I actually ended up trying it while on a school camping trip to Warsaw Caves. We actually had legitimate handheld GPS units with the coordinates already put in, and we did manage to find 3 different caches. The kids loved it, and I really enjoyed it too.

So I did it again, so Nick could come with. We found a nearby spot (finding the parking entrance was sadly one of the trickier parts) and followed the trail. It wasn't too hard to find the cache nestled in the crook of a tree. It was fun to leave a note, to take a small token and to leave one behind. We had downloaded apps on our phones that worked just fine. I would love to do this more next summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment