Wednesday 19 February 2014

I Got Shivers When You Touch My Face


I'm a sucker for dance classes. Of any kind. Not sure where I got it in my head that I wanted to try belly-dancing, but why not? And I actually found a session at my gym that offered a different type of dance each week, a sampler class.

Of course, the night that was set to be belly dancing, the instructor was sick and had one of my least favourite instructors at the gym filling in. I'm pretty sure she had taken one belly dancing class sometime in the 70s and was basing her instruction on that. We basically waved our arms around for an hour. It was pathetic. And I was pretty bummed out that that's how my belly-dancing experience turned out.

But the original instructor made a reappearance later in the session, so I did eventually get a decent hour of instruction. And wow do you need to be fit to do belly-dancing! It was fun, but definitely challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment