Sunday 23 February 2014

I'm Going To The Place Where Love And Feeling Good Don't Ever Cost A Thing

Yet another goal that changed.

My poor cross-stitch still sits unfinished. I did spend some time working on it, but it was like pulling teeth. I just didn't want to do it, and then I was out-stubborning myself somehow by not touching it. It was frustrating me, so I became very ok with changing the goal.

In the 1001 days, Nick and I accomplished something very huge, and I think it was worthwhile to add to my list. It had been on my "Someday" goal list; the only reason I didn't include it in my original list is because I was afraid that if something out of our control didn't allow it to happen that I would be devastated. So purchasing our own home made it to my list after all.

Nick and I were desperate to buy a house, have been for years. We lived in the upstairs of a bungalow owned by my parents and rented out the basement. We hated having tenants; all but one were complete dumbasses. Seriously. Hated it. Every bit of it. We wanted out as soon as we could.

We originally thought we would only be there for 5 years, but financially, it ended up being 7. But we eventually made it out alive. We'd been touring open houses for years, but we eventually got to walk through the house that within a week became ours. And 6 weeks later we moved in. Once it happened, it happened fast.

We love our home, we love that it is OURS and only ours.

Here's our bedroom under construction; we tackled it as soon as we moved in since the previous owner smoked there (and thankfully yet strangely only there) so allergic me couldn't sleep there until we painted and cleaned it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment