Sunday 23 February 2014

It's A Cold And Crazy World That's Ragin' Outside

Naturally, I found a WagJag for Flirty Girl Fitness in Toronto, which has burlesque classes once a month. Perfect. I was beginning to think I would have to resort to a cheesy YouTube video to complete this goal.

It got even better when they were having a Christmas Burlesque class December 22. Until the ice storm hit and our power went out. No trip to Toronto for me. Re-schedule to January.

January comes along, getting ready to leave, they call to say the instructor is too sick, class is cancelled. Re-schedule to February 23. 4 days before my goal list time is up. Cutting it a bit close.

Luckily all went well today. (Aren't I slick?)


It was a lot of fun. Getting there was surprisingly easy, I found parking (and a Starbucks!) right across the street. The gym was very modern and clean, it made me wish I could go more regularly. Watching the pole dance class beforehand was very inspiring; the strength you must have to hang upside from a pole with one arm with your legs stretched out is unimaginable. The burlesque instructor was really good. Two hours of learning choreography is tough; it was a good workout. I was surprisingly able to do almost all of the moves, just one that involved crouching on the ground and flipping your head back had me moving around a bit clumsily, but I really liked the routine.

I would definitely go back to that gym and take another class. They have Coyote Ugly workshops.... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment