Wednesday 19 February 2014

Don't Do It, When You Want To Get To It

The day before our wedding, I had a spa day. I went in to get a facial, massage, got my nails done and just relax. As it turned out, Nick was also writing tests for a sudden new job opportunity, so my time in the whirlpool tub wasn't so relaxing as we kept texting back and forth, anxious to see how he made out.

I figured I would try again. I managed to snag two WagJags for the same salon, so my day included hair highlights and cut, as well as a facial, massage, and nails.

Perhaps a bit sad, since that is probably many a girls' dream, but I would have to say it was just ok. Sure, I felt all pretty when I left, but it really just felt like a lot of waiting around. The massage and facial were probably the best part, the most enjoyable and relaxing. Having my nails done (including paraffin wax) and doing my hair was really just sitting around while someone else did the work. The end result was great, but the process was kinda boring. (Women everywhere are screaming at me...)

I wasn't feeling lame enough to take a selfie while I was there, so my pic is really a home mask some time later, but you get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment