Thursday 27 February 2014

Let The Wind Blow Through Me

This was another goal that got changed. Initially it was to lose 50 lbs. However, overall, I have just gained in the past few years. Once it got to the point that it wasn't even realistically possible, I realized I needed to make an adjustment that would still aim for weight loss success.

I tend to have a poor relationship with the scale. It tends to define my day; if I went down an acceptable amount, I was happy, if not, I was depressed (and often overate as a result). I decided to make myself go without the scale for a month. Generally the only time I avoided it was when I wasn't eating well at all and didn't want to know the damage. But I figured going a month while still trying to eat well, and not checking the scale would be good for.

I was kinda wrong. It's been really hard. I feel like I need to weigh-in at least once or twice a week to at least know if what I am doing is going well. It's like doing a science experiment without collecting any data. I feel like it hasn't been helpful in losing weight; I haven't had terrible days really, but we've eaten out more than last month, and I haven't been eating quite as SANE (which I did really well last month). At this point I will just be happy if I get to the end of the month maintaining my weight from the first of the month. Originally I was hoping to get under 200 (which would have been 8.4 lbs lost). It's going to be tough, but I will admit that at the very least, I learned that the best thing for me is to weigh-in every 3-4 days. I can keep track of how I'm doing without getting obsessive and writing off an entire day.


No comments:

Post a Comment