Friday 17 June 2011

Give Me Everything Tonight, For All We Know We Might Not Get Tomorrow

I happily saw 178.8 on the scale this morning, and then proceeded to have a spectacularly challenging day (food-wise). I told my kids they could bring in snacks and treats today if they wanted, and I would bring in my ipod and speakers, and Timbits. Luckily, the assorted pack didn't contain any of my favourite Timbit (sour cream glazed), so although it was tough not eating any, it could have been worse. Plus I continuously reminded myself that one Timbit is not worth 3 points, and that I know that if I have one Timbit, it's very unlikely to stop there. But then, last period of the day, one of my students brought in 5 large pizzas for everyone. It was a tough thing to resist, but I told myself I would be very proud of myself if I did, and I came through! I was so happy with myself this afternoon.

I came home to make dinner, but Nick* had forgotten to take out the chicken to defrost, so we had to come up with plan B. We opted for Extreme Pita; a chicken souvlaki pita is just 9 points! I love that. Normally if we eat out, no matter how healthy, it is more points than what I would normally cook at home. I love having this option now for on-the-run meals. And a small is the perfect size. And I'm rounding out dinner with a couple of points worth of Chee-Cha Puffs. I did well today!

No comments:

Post a Comment