Tuesday 25 February 2014

Leave All Your Love And Your Longing Behind

My original plans for a movie marathon involved lots of pillows and blankets, movie themed snacks, and likely caffeine to keep me awake. I figured we would invite our friends and make a big afternoon/evening of it. But I had a tough time trying to find a set of movies that people would come for.

I wanted a theme to my movies, ideally a trilogy. Two didn't seem enough to be considered a marathon, and 4 was a big time commitment. But I didn't think I could lure too many people on Back To The Future, and no one but me would show up for The Santa Clause 1 - 3. I thought about it for quite some time. And I just couldn't come up with a set of movies that I would enjoy that would I could get people on board with for a full marathon. (It didn't help that a lot of my friends have been rather aggravating and self-centered lately, so I doubted they would help me out on this one and just play along. I've gotten tired of trying to plan things in the hopes that they will come through. Sad, isn't it?)

Anyway... with a sexy ninja costume and Nick with the whistling ringtone, I figured Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 would work just fine for a marathon for just the two of us. They are long enough as two movies to not need a third (or more).






So we settled in and watched them both. It wasn't even remotely the movie marathon I had originally intended, but I will never complain about a snuggly night on the couch with Nick. Even if it is over Tarantino movies =)



No comments:

Post a Comment