Monday 17 February 2014

Tighten Up On Yor Reigns, You're Runnin' Wild

Yet another goal that needed adjustment. With my weight overall on the up, I certainly wasn't making my goal weight in time. I discovered that having the pressure of a specific date for a specific event or reason to lose weight for did not bode well for me. So I needed to find something that still put me in the right direction. So the goal became simply to go 6 weeks following a healthy eating and exercise plan.

The first of the year, I started eating SANE (check out The Calorie Myth by Jonathan Bailor for details). I didn't exactly have a exercise schedule, but I was doing what I could. Either way, I've been making solid progress. And this time its not just the number on the scale, but actually my habits, feelings and choices about food that are improving. Every small success is a step in the right direction. I'm feeling much more confident that I will eventually (ideally/hopefully/if all goes to plan by the end of this year) get to my goal weight.

I tried tons of SANE recipes, and it was surprisingly a lot easier than I expected to not eat starches or grains. I felt better. And I lost weight. I would say it was successful. I wasn't perfect, but I don't think I should try to be. I'm happy with how I did and how I'm still doing, so mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment