Tuesday 25 February 2014

With Every Turn Comes A New Frame Of Mind

Not really sure why I wanted to go on a spontaneous roadtrip, maybe just as one thing to negate my insane planning brain. Spontaneity and I don't generally get along, I like things to be planned and organized ahead of time.

So the goal was to get in the car and just drive.

We headed east, since I go west everyday for work, and know the area well enough to know where every turn would take us essentially. We ended up following the Waterfront Trail all the way to Port Hope, where we had a nice lunch downtown (the downtown is actually really nice). We made sure to avoid the 401 coming home, just to see a new route. We also passed through a cute hamlet (village? No idea).





See? Cute.

Anyway, it wasn't really a long adventure, I guess next time I would aim to make it more than just a couple of hours, maybe actually force us to find a hotel somewhere. I think the trouble with that idea is that if I'm going to spend the money to stay somewhere, I want to stay somewhere I like, plus I want to make sure I get to see all there is to see. Without planning, I could end up in a squeasy motel and nothing fun to see or do in the vicinity. To me, that would just be a waste of money. But we'll see what the next goal list holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment