Sunday 11 September 2011

You Know How The Time Flies, Only Yesterday Was The Time Of Our Lives

The first week of school was sheer chaos. I was up at 6:30 am and had school on the brain until 11:00 pm every night. It was completely exhausting. I'm teaching 3 courses I've never taught before (other than in summer school) and it's a lot of planning. And I'm trying to keep up with the other teachers who are teaching the same course, except they have years more of experience. I love what I'm doing, but it was a long and stressful week. I hope things calm down a bit once I get into routine.

Training has been going well, I've been working my butt off and pushing myself harder and harder. I'm still disappointed with the numbers on the scale though. I'm still around 178 lbs every day, despite eating very well and exercising almost every day. I'm enjoying the changes I'm seeing and feeling in my body, but am just baffled by the lack of results by the numbers. Even my measurements haven't changed that significantly for how hard I have been working over the last couple of weeks. I'm working on my two goals of no chocolate or eating out for a month, and I have been bang on with my diet. It's just frustrating to change my habits so much, and not see the results you are working towards. I feel like I'm doing everything right, and still failing. But it's not like I'm going to stop at this point; I still have 19 more training sessions! I just hope it ends up being worth it, one way or another.

I completed another goal last night though! My oldest friend is getting married on Thanksgiving weekend and last night was the bachelorette party. We started off with a pole dancing lesson, goal # 45! It was fabulous. It was such a workout, but you don't really think about it (even though I was dripping with sweat) because you are trying to get the moves down, and trying not to giggle at how awkward you feel in front of everyone. I really wish there was a decent place in town to take more classes, because I really enjoyed it; not really surprising, since I always love dance type classes. We got to practice our moves later at the bar (ok, not really, but we had a great night).

1 comment:

  1. my sister has been the poster child in our family for weight loss. she has lost about 50 or 60 pounds in the last few years. the thing that she always tells me though is that you will spend months working out and eating right with no numeric changes. it's like you're running into a brick wall... over and over and over. and you just can't give up! because eventually, that wall will disappear and the pounds will start falling off!
    good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete