Thursday 30 June 2011

No Dark Sarcasm In The Classroom, Teachers Leave Those Kids Alone

The last day of school! It was sad, but I'm also back on Monday for summer school, and much of the math department is back next week cleaning out the office, so it really still doesn't feel final. But I really really hope I am back there again in the fall. I loved that school, I love teaching, I just want to be somewhere a little more permanently so I can put down roots, participate in school events and clubs, and just dig into the school community more. My position was so vague this semester, there really was no way to do that.

I really have to stop torturing myself and learn to run at better times of the day; the brutal heat kills me, and sooner or later I'm going to keel right over on the sidewalk from heat exhaustion or sun stroke. The problem is, when I get home from school, around 4:30p.m, is the most convneient time for me to run. I'm not a morning person, so I'm not about to get up an hour and a half earlier, and once I have dinner and settle in for the night, I'm not going to be inclined to get up and run. Fortunately, once summer school is done, I can run in the morning. But until then, I've got to try to attempt to avoid the sunshine torture!

No comments:

Post a Comment