Wednesday 15 June 2011

It's Something Unpredictable But In The End It's Right

Tonight's run was tough, even tougher than Monday's! Although Monday I had the pleasure of running in the rain, whereas tonight it was hot and sunny, even though I waited until almost 7:30pm to go out. I really struggled yet again with my breathing and I felt even slower than usual by about halfway through, I was barely dragging my feet off the ground. But I kept telling myself that I have never not finished a run, and I wasn't about to not finish it.

I started Week 6 of the 8km training podcast on Monday, so I am now doing 4 intervals of 12 minute run/1 minute walk; that 1 minute walk is the devil! By the time I finish the 12 minutes, all I want to do is hunch over my knees and pant until I regain my breath. But instead, I have 60 seconds, and I try so hard to force myself to take deep breaths, stand up straight, and take a break. Those 60 seconds just do not seem long enough; I feel like I haven't even had the chance to let my breath slow down at all, and then the chimes are going again and I'm suppose to be back to running. And getting started again after a not-long-enough break is a challenge sometimes. I will be quite happy (so I say now) to get to next week, with 3 intervals of 15 minute run/1 minute walk. Maybe 3 intervals will make it seem better, even though the runs are significantly longer.

I did not break into the 170's this morning, but sat still at 180.0 lbs, which I should be happy to maintain after a potluck dinner! But I really am hoping to see a drop tomorrow (even though I also know I should not be weighing in daily; it's what I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment