Friday 24 June 2011

Shiny Happy People Holding Hands

For a Friday, it wasn't a great work day. I don't think I'll get into it, I've ranted more than enough on Nick* and my bookclub girls tonight, it's just a frustrating situation and I'm stuck in a rock and a hard place and basically just have to let myself be taken advantage of or risk being the squeaking wheel that people will think twice before hiring in the future. When there are so few teaching jobs out there right now, it does not pay to be the squeaky wheel.

Needless to say, I wasn't in a great mood heading out for dinner with the girls. I felt bad for my car pool buddy cause I ranted quite a bit. But I calmed down after talking it out, and had a really great evening with the girls. I am so lucky to be a part of this group of friends; they really are amazing, and it's so nice to have a group of girlfriends that get together on a regular basis.

My dilemma today is learning how to get along with someone's spouse who you really don't like. She is my oldest friend. Him, I find to be a condescending know-it-all. And tonight he felt like giving me unsolicited advice on what I chose to put as my Facebook status. Because apparently I am too dumb to have considered my thoughts (or privacy settings) before putting it into writing. Unfortunately, the wedding is this fall and I'm in the wedding party, so I really have to play nice, at least until the wedding is over. And lucky me, it sounds like the bride and groom and I will be having dinner tomorrow night. Again, I love her dearly. Him, I can't stand. And I've only met him a few times! I try not to make such quick judgements on people, but I haven't heard anything come out of his mouth (or in his excessive Facebook comments) that doesn't sound like an arrogant jerk that just wants everyone to realize how super intelligent he is and how stupid the rest of us must be in comparison. Personally, I find it overbearing and rude how he talks down to people. But she seems crazy happy with him, so who am I to say anything? I'm happy that she is happy, I just cringe at the thought of being around the guy. So what do you do? How do you bite your tongue when, if it were any other random person, you would give them a piece of your mind? I don't know how much more of his attitude I can take before I snap; I just have to keep reminding myself that I am keeping the peace for her sake/happiness. Could be a tough dinner date tomorrow though.

And yes, I have deleted him from Facebook. As juvenile as it sounds, he can't bug me if he's not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment