Tuesday 14 June 2011

It's Like Ten Thousand Spoons When All You Need Is A Knife

As usual, I worry too much about nothing.

The potluck party went just fine. I sat with people I didn't really know, we chatted, for the most part I didn't feel too terribly uncomfortable even though I was still overly self-conscious. But everyone was friendly, and I even got a parting gift since I'm done at the school (for now; hopefully I will be back!). All in all, it was a good evening, and I was able to eat pretty well. I filled half my plate with salads, and sampled a bit of the main courses, and enjoyed a bit of cheesecake for dessert. I was pretty happy with how I did.

I also quite happily weighed in at 180.0 lbs this morning; that was part of my motivation tonight, because I would love to see the 170s tomorrow. At the very least, when I finally get to Weight Watchers to weigh in on Saturday, it will definitely be a loss!

I know my biggest challenges right now are eating in places where I can't control the food; when I eat at home, it's no problem. We have plans to have dinner with Nick's dad on Saturday and with my parents on Sunday, so I will have to get through two meals that I can't really measure and track as accurately as I would like to. I just wish there was a week where I could keep everything under my control so I could see how I fare. But I guess that's not real life, so I better get use to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment