Tuesday 29 January 2013

Let The Spirit Of The Season Carry Us Away

Perhaps I have stolen this from National Lampoon's Christmas vacation, but it seemed natural for a Christmas fanatic like me to be able to sit around the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. and recite 'Twas The Night Before Christmas to my kids.

So I printed off a copy and brought it to school with me every day. On my prep periods I would bring it out and read it over and over again. I have a pretty good memory, and I've done a few speeches at Toastmasters, so I think I have a good system down on how to memorize things. I learn a few lines at a time, and keep adding on. Then I re-wrote the poem out myself a couple times, the first time with assistance as needed, the second time without looking at my cheat sheet at all. And within about a week, I had it down.

And somewhere in the middle of grocery shopping, I proved to Nick that I could recite it by memory.

Have I mentioned that I love Christmas??

(I'm holding the copy I memorized from, as well as a tree ornament that I have had for as long as I can remember, a little book of Twas The Night Before Christmas)

No comments:

Post a Comment