Sunday 27 January 2013

But Now I'm Building Sandcastles In The Sand


Nick didn't take many holidays last summer, but I did convince him to take one day in the middle of the week so we could go to the beach. I'd never been to the Cobourg Beach, and I've always heard good things about it, so it seemed like the perfect place to fulfill a few goals.

Unlike every other outdoor event I've planned in the past, we got beautiful weather for our day trip (it was the same day as my balloon release too!) We packed a fabulous picnic and a blanket, but I needed some tools to build a sandcastle. Being August, apparently that was easier said than done. I was envisioning one of those little kits with a pail and shovel and some shaped molds, but Wal-Mart apparently had already been out of those for weeks. We ended up finding exactly what I wanted at a dollar store.

I'd never really built a sandcastle before, despite doing a lot of beach-side camping when I was younger. I can remember making big mounds of sand, much like a snow fort, or drizzling little towers of clay, but I'd never actually built anything with structure. I wasn't going for any awards, just a fun day in the sun.

We had a blast building this:



We had water in the moat, a draw bridge in the front, 4 perfect towers and high walls surrounding the fort. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment