Thursday 24 January 2013

I Don't Ever Wanna Feel Like I Did That Day

I've been working on this list for months now, trying to perfect it. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a list of your 101 favourite songs?? First it was way to small of a list, then it was way too long and I had to make cuts. It was near impossible. I have listened to these songs over and over again, and that was basically my criteria: if I never tired of hearing the song, if I was happy every time I heard it come on, it was worthy of the list. The toughest ones to deal with were the nostalgic ones; I feel like so many songs I still like purely for the memories they bring, but it doesn't mean I actually love the song itself anymore. Songs like "Patio Lanterns" by Kim Mitchell (reminds me of my parents baseball parties when I was little), "Saturday Night" by Whigfield (reminds me of grade 8), or "Rapture" by iiO (reminds me of bar nights when I was 19). But I think I've got it sorted out. But even as I typed up the list and added links, the list changed!

I'm not even going to try to rank the songs, it would be impossible, so here they are, alphabetical. Some I love more than others, but every one I am thrilled to hear, any time.

So here it is, my 101 favourite songs:

1. 2Pac - California Love
2. 3 Doors Down - Here Without You
3. 3 Doors Down - Landing In London (All I Think About Is You)
4. 3 Doors Down - Here By Me
5. 3 Doors Down - Let Me Be Myself
6. Adele - Someone Like You
7. AWOLNATION - Sail
8. Big Wreck - That Song
9. Bran Van 3000 - Drinking In L.A
10. The Calling - Stigmatized
11. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
12. Counting Crows - Colorblind
13. Creed - Rain
14. Creed - My Sacrifice
15. Daughtry - September
16. Daughtry - No Surprise
17. David Guetta ft. Sia - Titanium
18. Default - All She Wrote
19. Default - Deny
20. Default - Live A Lie
21. Econoline Crush - All That You Are (x3)
22. Edwin - Alive
23. Eve 6 - Friend Of Mine (Acoustic)
24. Far East Movement ft. Ryan Tedder - Rocketeer
25. Five For Fighting - 100 Years
26. Foo Fighters - My Hero
27. Gavin DeGraw - Not Over You
28. Green Day - Good Riddance
29. Hinder - Better Than Me
30. Incubus - Drive
31. Incubus - Wish You Were Here
32. Janet Jackson - Nothing
33. Katy Perry - Wide Awake
34. Linkin Park - In The End
35. Marcy Playground - Sex And Candy
36. Marianas Trench - Fallout
37. Maroon 5 - Payphone
38. Matchbox Twenty - Last Beautiful Girl
39. Matchbox Twenty - If You're Gone
40. Matchbox Twenty - Bed Of Lies
41. Matchbox Twenty - Hand Me Down
42. Matchbox Twenty - Could I Be You
43. Matchbox Twenty - 3 AM
44. Matchbox Twenty - Push
45. Matchbox Twenty - Back 2 Good
46. Moby - Porcelain
47. New Kids On The Block - Dirty Dancing
48. Nickelback - Savin' Me
49. Nickelback - Far Away
50. Nickelback - I'd Come For You
51. Nickelback - Never Gonna Be Alone
52. Nickelback - Lullaby
52. Nickelback - Trying Not To Love You
54. Nickelback - Photograph
55. Nickelback - Someday
56. Nickelback - How You Remind Me
57. NKOTBSB - Don't Turn Off The Lights Now
58. Oasis - Wonderwall
59. One Republic - All The Right Moves
60. One Republic - Good Life
61. Our Lady Peace - Paper Moon
62. Our Lady Peace - 4am
63. Our Lady Peace - All You Did Was Save My Life
64. Our Lady Peace - Innocent
65. Pink - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
66. Placebo - Pure Morning
67. The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
68. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
69. Rob Thomas - Someday
70. Santana ft. Chad Kroeger - Why Don't You And I
71. Santana ft. Chad Kroeger - Into The Night
72. Santana ft. Steven Tyler - Just Feel Better
73. The Script - Breakeven
74. Seal - Kiss From A Rose
75. Semisonic - Closing Time
76. Shinedown - I Dare You
77. Shinedown - The Crow And The Butterfly
78. Spacehog - In The Meantime
79. Staind - Right Here
80. State Of Shock - Different Day
81. Stereo Fuse - Everything
82. Stereophonics - A Thousand Trees
83. Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
84. Switchfoot - Dare You To Move
85. Switchfoot - Meant To Live
86. Teddy Geiger - For You I Will (Confidence)
87. Theory Of A Deadman - The Last Song
88. Third Eye Blind - Never Let You Go
89. Third Eye Blind - How's It Going To Be
90. Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
91. Three Days Grace - Lost In You
92. Timbaland ft. Justin Timberlake - Carry Out
93. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Learning To Fly
94. Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Free Fallin'
95. Tonic - If You Could Only See
96. Train - Ordinary
97. USS - N/A OK
98. Vertical Horizon - Best I Ever Had
99. Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want
100. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
101. Verve Pipe - The Freshman

It should be pretty obvious who some of my favourite bands are. Some songs I'm somewhat embarrassed to have on there, but I like what I like, can't help it. Some songs I have a specific reason why I like it, others can't be explained.



Bottom line, nothing beats blaring your favourite tunes and singing along at the top of your lungs.

And no, Third Eye Blind does not sing Closing Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment