Monday 23 May 2011

It's All In My Head, I Think About It Over And Over Again

What a terrible run today! It was kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy though, I didn't really want to go out today. I was even slower than usual, I ran a shorter route over the same amount of time, and my ankles and knees were suddenly in a fair bit of discomfort. Needless to say, I didn't time my intervals today. I don't even want to know.

Despite the lousy run, I am quite happy today. I discovered that this whole running training has truly taken route in my brain, and I'm truly thrilled about that. Although I am flexible about my runs, they have become non-negotiable. Not finishing this training program is not an option. I love that! I tried to convince myself to just stay in bed this morning, to run later in the evening. But I knew that with thunderstorms predicted, I could be rained out. Not to mention I doubted that I would actually want to gear up for a run after a day doing stuff around the house. So I got myself up, dressed and out the door. Terrible run or not, I did it. I'm two runs behind in my training schedule (one due to a very rainy week, the other to my own lazy stupidity) and I don't want to get any further behind. I want to do this. And I AM doing it. And that, to me, is amazing. Me, an athlete? A runner? Not to mention, a dedicated and determined runner? It's just crazy even thinking about it. But that seems to be who I am now, and I raelly like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment