Saturday 21 May 2011

That's Just The Way It Is, Things Will Never Be The Same

I had a decent day yesterday, but still somehow figured I needed the junk to sit and relax while my wonderful husband went out to the movies and left me to enjoy a quiet evening in to myself. And yet miraculously I was down 0.6 lbs this morning from the consistent 186.6 I've been for the last 4 days. It seems so odd that I can eat whatever I want and then some and skip workouts, and seemingly maintain, and yet I can eat perfectly to the letter of healthy eating AND exercise and lose just a little if at all. If only my body understood math as well as my brain! My plan is still to get organized this weekend and start back on the old Weight Watchers plan on Tuesday (which is my meeting day).

I had a good run this morning, although it was a touch too hot. I seem to do that at least once every summer, think it will still be cool enough to run mid-morning but then suffer in the heat. It wasn't too bad today until my 3rd interval, where I had very little shade and the breeze seemed to have died. Plus today was a new route; I had to extend my run for Week 4, it needed to be about 5.5 km to accomadate the new run 10 minute walk 1 min intervals. Someday I will learn that I do not like to run midday. Morning or evening or bust. I didn't enjoy running while so many people could see me go by (I'm still very self-conscious). So many yard sales today and lots of traffic for the long weekend. But overall, a good run. Being a new route, I really had no points of reference to discern if my speed improved at all, so I didn't even have a guess. But here's how my runs turned out:
          1st interval - 1.16 km
          3rd interval - 1.13 km
          4th interval - 1.02 km
I was surprised that my last interval was so much less than my others, but I did have to stop and wait for cars on a busy street, so maybe even that little bit threw it off. (And I purposely do not track my 2nd interval because it's off-road and hard to be exact on the Map My Walk site.)

It still strikes me every now and then at how much extra I have to overcome because I am such a slow runner; most people would have to train themselves to run for about 50 minutes to cover a 10k race, but I will likely take about 1 hour and 25 minutes to get it done (at my current speed). I try not to focus too much on that, but I desperately do not want to come last in another race; I'm pretty sure that would completely kill whatever little confidence I still have about my athletic abilities.

I got a new haircut this afternoon, with some great copper highlights, I think it looks great, and hopefully it will encourage me to continue to keep myself looking the best I can and get some weight off!

No comments:

Post a Comment