Wednesday 18 May 2011

Don't Believe In All You've Been Told, The Sky's The Limit, You Can Reach Your Goal

As I promised myself, a list of things that I love about myself (is it sad that even just saying that seems forced?) I will openly admit that I am doing this somewhat unwillingly, but I'm doing it because I know I need to change my present viewpoint about myself if I intend to change my future. So here it is, a list without justifications, a list without explanations, and hopefully a list without feelings of being too self-absorbed for even thinking such positive things about myself. In no particular order...

1) I genuinely try to make the world a polite and considerate place by respecting those around me.
2) I am persistent and stubborn.
3) I am fiercely loyal to those I love.
4) I do the right thing.
5) I am tenacious.
6) I give my job 110%.
7) I enjoy sharing new experiences with friends and family.
8) I went from not being able to run 500 m to running 5 km to completing a beginner's triathlon to signing up for a 10 km race!
9) I encourage others.
10) I love animals.
11) I am organized and pay attention to detail.

** it is tough not to follow these up with a balancing 'but' or explanation (ie #11.... when I am not procrastinating!!) **

12) I aim to please others.
13) I keep trying new approaches to my improving my flaws.
14) I love to read.
15) I have lofty goals that I intend to acheive someday!

Ok, that's about as much as I can muster for one day. It's very challenging! I feel like by saying these things, it's like saying I'm perfect at each one, and that's just not true. But everyone has bad days and nobody is perfect, so why do I expect myself to be?

Anyway, from #15... I stumbled upon an amazing blog the other night by an inspiring young woman (101 things in 1001 days) and it truly got me thinking about some specific goals that I would like to acheive, some directly about my weight loss, others not at all. But I know that my weight loss issues are all about my whole self, so I consider it all part of the journey. Anyway, I am going to work on that list for the next little while. I don't know that it will be 101 goals for 1001 days, but there will be something substantial.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention in your blog! If you have any questions or want any advice on your list, you can post on my facebook page! I've helped a couple people make their lists and I'd be happy to help you!

    ReplyDelete