Sunday 10 July 2011

Ain't About How Fast I Get There, Ain't About What's Waiting On The Other Side

Another goal accomplished!


Yesterday afternoon, Nick* and I attempted rock-climbing. It's a lot harder than I expected it to be! I didn't think it would be easy, but I couldn't make it all the way to the top on either the easy or the medium wall. But I could definitely see why people like it; I could see how it would become addictive. I did enjoy it, but I don't think I will try it again until I have vastly improved my upper body strength. I knew I didn't have great pipes, but wow was I weak! That's basically what gave out on me; my arms just couldn't pull me up any further. My fear of falling (not heights, but falling) was a slight contributor, but it turned out that falling was really fun! The cable slowly releases you down to the ground so you're just kinda floating mid-air for a few seconds. The grips were spread out somewhat awkwardly; I felt like being taller would have been easier. Plus they were not always easy to get a decent grip on or pull up on. As obvious as it sounds, it was difficult being completely vertical.

It was definitely a challenge, but I really enjoyed it, and I'm glad I included it on my goal list. I will definitely spend some time in the gym working on my arms, then venture back and try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment