Monday 12 August 2013

Time Is Going By So Much Faster Than I

I quite clearly have a thing for nostalgia, so a time capsule makes perfect sense. Although it was surprisingly a bit of a challenge to come up with ideas for a short term time capsule just for us. I only wanted to do about 5 years, basically to compare being at the end of living at this house to the end of our first mortgage term at our new house. Originally we thought we might only be buying a 5 year house, so it made more sense, but now I'm pretty sure we'll be at this house for longer than 5 years.

It seems that most time capsules are for much longer (like 50 years) and are intended for someone else to discover. I guess that makes sense, I just wanted to do something different. I spent a couple of months thinking about what I wanted in it and collecting things like a movie ticket and a gas receipt. With closing day coming up, I had to get it done ASAP. I finally pieced it all together and sealed it up.


And so we wait, until April 21, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment