Sunday 3 February 2013

True Colors Are Beautiful, Like A Rainbow

I came across this goal suggestion and was reminded of my lacking artistic skills. I remember in elementary school asking the girl who was the best colourer how she does it; I remember she said to always colour in the same direction.

I just figured it would be a relaxing and calming thing to do. But it turned out that finding a colouring book was a little tougher than I thought. I mean, I think we all know by now that I tend to be rather picky, so that didn't help. But I didn't want an activity book, I wanted 100% colouring. And I didn't want 100 pages of it. And I didn't want a really lame theme (I am not a Star Wars fan. Nor do I enjoy Pokemon).

In the end, I found a 16 page Alice In Wonderland book that would suffice. And I had looked in a few different stores. (Sadly, once I had already started colouring that one, Nick found a Wizard of Oz book for me... maybe that will be on my next 101 list).

Was it relaxing? Yeah I guess. I'm still not artistic, so I often got frustrated at things that didn't quite turn out how I would have liked, either the colour or shading was wrong (I don't really get into shading, I just don't know how to do it). It didn't help that I just had a small pack of cheap pencil crayons from the dollar store, so not a lot of colour choices.

In the end, it was kinda fun to do something a bit childish, something I hadn't done in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment