Tuesday 27 September 2011

Sometimes All I Need Is The Air That I Breathe

I've got some goal-blogging to catch up on!

Although this past weekend was consumed by my 10km race, the weekend before included some goals too.

First off, I tried another new food! Our local Price Chopper recently changed over to Fresh Co., and now has a LOT of different types of produce for me to try, so I picked up a breadfruit. I took it home, cut it up and roasted it in the oven. It was ... interesting. If anything, kind of bland. But I had a tough time finding info about it online, so I had no idea how to tell if it was perfectly ripe, and I didn't have much of an idea of how to cook it, so I wouldn't write it off entirely, but I wouldn't cook it again myself. Only two more foods to go for goal #70!



Nick and I attempted to go for a VW Beetle test drive, but it wasn't entirely successful. We had a tough time getting time to go to begin with last weekend, but we managed to squeeze it in only to discover they had none in stock. Only a used tan convertible was on the lot, and someone else was already climbing in as we got there. I wasn't too happy with the salesperson; when I said I was interested in a Beetle, he automatically assumed I wanted a used one. I know I'm being stupid, since we obviously weren't actually looking to buy (but he didn't know that!), but I was insulted. Surely he should know better than to pre-judge people. I know VW's are more expensive cars, and I suppose we don't wear high designer clothes nor are we very old, but it really bothered me that he assumed we couldn't afford a new car just by the look of us. Whether it's true or not, I would think that a good salesperson would never judge someone based on appearance or age or any other visible trait. And as childish as it might sound, if I ever actually buy a VW, it won't be from him. If he's willing to judge me based on a split-second glance, then I'm going to assume he is not very good at his job and why would I want to buy a car from someone who isn't very good at their job? Yes, it's petty, and yes I over-analyze stupid little things, but something about it just irked me. He took my info down and promised to call when the new model made it to the lot. I doubt I will hear from him. I may have to go out of town to get my VW test-drive at this rate.

Luckily I actually managed to complete a full goal last weekend. Nick and I went for a nice morning hike and I got in a nice tree hug, goal #91. And who doesn't love hugging a tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment