Friday 16 September 2011

You Make Me This, Bring Me Up, Bring Me Down

I have another goal completed!

For the last week, I spent a lot of time in front of the mirror. Something I usually try to avoid. But every morning and every night I stood in front of the mirror with just my underwear on (sorry for the mental image) and recited the following mantra (as lengthy of a mantra that it is) and then found something about my body that I liked.


I am smart enough

I am good enough
I am confident enough
I am resourceful enough

I am strong enough
I am capable enough
I have absolute faith in myself
I have a dream and I will do whatever it takes to make it come alive
I will turn the impossible into possible
I will never give up

I will not crumble under even the greatest of life’s challenge
I will assume 100% responsibility for my own life
I will expect nothing but the best of myself
I am willing to pay the price to succeed
I will embrace failures
I will conquer my fears

I don’t care what other people think

People will judge me based on what I have achieved, but I will judge myself based on what I believe I can achieve
I will love, respect, and accept myself for who I am
I will have the courage to change what needs to be changed


No, I didn't write it, Google is a wonderful thing after all.  But I really did find it empowering, and I often ended up repeating it a couple of times afterwards; it would just stick in my head. And I spent the last week feeling pretty good about my accomplishments. So I would say mission accomplished and goal achieved.


No comments:

Post a Comment