Friday 2 September 2011

It's Been A While, Since I First Saw You

I seem to have lost the umph for writing lately! The summer seems to have simply run away from me in so many ways.

I missed logging a goal! Well, part of a goal. As one of my new foods to try, I made spaghetti using tofu shirataki! Yes, they are noodles made of tofu, but they were surprisingly a decent swap. And they are 0 WW Points! The texture is the biggest thing to contend with as there isn't really a strong taste to them. But for 0 points, it was quite a good replacement. I say they are well worth the try. Even Nick liked them, and he cringes at the thought of anything tofu. For more info, check them out here. They are available at Sobey's and Metro, wherever you find all those other tofu replacement stuff like hot bogs, burgers, and deli meats.

(Even if it was July 13th that I tried... shame on me for taking so long to write about it)



I've been keeping up with my reading goals; since those lists are pretty long, I think it will just be one post per entire goal, not per book. But I am enjoying diversing my reading choices. And I have been taking photos of each book to create a collage of them when I am all done, so I can still see the progress I've made.

Things are going well with Natasha, although we stepped it up A LOT today. I can't believe I now have 7 weeks of pain and torture to endure! Ok, I feel great afterwards, and it's not really painful, but it is certainly tough pushing your body beyond what you thought you could. I haven't been too happy with my weight this week; I have been tracking really well, staying on plan, and going to the gym, as well as getting in an extra workout or two on top of that. And yet I've been fluctuating the ounces within 178 lbs all week. It's frustrating to work so hard and nothing happens, especially so early on in my (latest) weight loss journey. I would really like to see the 160's by Thanksgiving since I am in a wedding that weekend and have a beautiful bridesmaids dress headed my way. But that's 9 lbs and only 5 weeks, and with progress this slow on the scale, it's not looking good. However, I think if I keep at it, there is no reason I shouldn't see an unfamiliar weight by the New Year! (I considered anything under 163 unfamiliar, as that is the lowest number I can distinctly and positively recall seeing on a scale, and that was 6 years ago when I lived in Japan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment