Thursday 11 August 2011

All I Wanna See Is A Sky Full Of Lighters

My poor ignored blog.

We've been in Halifax for a couple of days now and it's been a fantastic vacation. Nick's sister has been a fabulous hostess and showed us so many cool things around the city. The only downside has been the weather; torential rain on Monday, and on and off rain the rest of the week. At the very least, it looks like it might be nice for our weekend in PEI.

I think it will be time to make some changes when we get home from vacation. I am thoroughly exasperated that I have essentially not lost any weight at all this year. I have a personal training consultation next Wednesday at the gym, and hopefully that will spark me into action. I really would like to be at a happier weight by my birthday so that I can enjoy my last year of the 20's as a fit and sexy chick. I have this vision in my head that once you hit 30, any attempt to look sexy just makes you seem sad and pathetic (ie the scary cougar phenomenon), and I don't want to be that woman. So I need to be thin for my 29th birthday so I can at least enjoy a full year of sexiness without feeling gross about it. (Hey, I never said my mind actually made perfect sense)

Oh, and for anyone ever venturing out east, Halifax is a great city, very scenic, totally worth the trip. It's hard not to love being surrounded by water everywhere you go (at least the water that is already on the ground and not falling from the sky)

No comments:

Post a Comment