Thursday 18 August 2011

There's Room Enough To Fly, It's Never Easy Letting Go

Mantra for today: No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.

I finally got a run in, the first in 2 weeks, and sadly only the second in a month. And race day approaches. But September 24th happens whether I am ready for it or not. So I better get moving if I want to finish that race.

Having gained 10 lbs over our vacation and avoided running for so long, today was a tough go, but I did finish it, week 2 of the 10k training. I felt very heavy and clumsy, but I got through it.

So I suppose I am crying wolf yet again today, and perhaps there really will be a beastly creature lurking in the shadows this time (or at least that's the hope). By starting with a run and a good breakfast, I'm off on the right foot. I know I need a somewhat different approach, and I'm not entirely sure what that is yet, but I think I need to stress less about long term planning and structure and just take things day by day. I would notoriously plan for the next few months, pick a deadline, and then fall apart when things veered slightly off-track, and all was lost. Maybe if I focus on small accomplishments and goals I would fare better. Other than that.... well, we'll see how it goes. I weighed in at 183.2 lbs this morning, here's hoping the 170s aren't too far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment