Wednesday 2 May 2012

Starships Are Meant To Fly

Today wasn't a total success, sadly.

I'm doing an after-school numeracy program twice a week, and the food school provides treats for the kids. Chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and today a brownie/chocolate chip cookie/fruit/chocolate pudding parfait. I didn't fare to well. The best I can say is that I improved from what I ate after Monday's class, so here's hoping the next class will be another improvement. Then I will be on the right track. (Monday was stupid; two of the richest, gooiest brownies I have ever had, plus about 4 cookies. Not good. You know the size of those high school cafeteria cookies. Today was the parfait and 2 cookies. So definitely not good, but I think better).

That wasn't exactly the best performance for Day 2, but I did still manage to get home and go for a 3.2 km run and make a very healthy dinner where I cut some of the portion sizes to balance at least a little bit the disaster of the afternoon. So maybe I can chalk it all up to a learning experience and try to do better next Monday with the treats in front of me.

There's a reason why I don't buy that stuff and keep it in the house! That is truly my biggest hurdle; dealing with situations with food that are out of my control. If it's in front of me, I will eat it. I plan healthy meals and don't keep junk in the house so I can't eat it. I need to fix that though because life is full of food situations I cannot control.

No comments:

Post a Comment