Sunday 5 February 2012

I Love You's Not Enough, I'm Lost For Words

I think I've decided to stick with my goal of running a half marathon.

I must be insane.

Am I setting myself up for failure? I mean it's 21.1 km... More than twice that of my race in September, and that was a challenge. But I'm being stubborn; I set the goal, and I don't see a suitable replacement. I had to change one of my goals; instead of becoming a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers, I will now simply get to my goal weight. Same thing, except I won't have to keep paying $50 a month. I'm ok with that adjustment. But I've toiled over a comparable exchange for a half marathon, and nothing seems acceptable. I can't exchange it unless it's something close, and I don't know that there are many things quite like running a half marathon.

I'm scared. Truly. My training for the 10k last summer didn't exactly go through as planned. I think I started way too early and kinda waned in my training enthusiasm. I still finished the race though. But I don't think you can just push through 20+ km. You've gotta be well prepared for that. And I've been struggling this week, both with food and exercise, and I can't afford to do that if I'm going to sign up for the Toronto Habourfront race, October 14th. I am so scared...

But I'm also determined. And that's gotta come in handy sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment