Friday 31 January 2014

The Mood It Changes Like The Wind, Hard To Control When It Begins

I've probably donated blood a total of 15 (or so) times by now. It seems like such a small thing to do that can so greatly help someone, someone you'll never know, but someone that basically gets to live because people were willing to spend an hour and give something so easily. It's a good feeling.

However, it would seem that my veins don't always want to cooperate, and the last few times I had gone to give blood weren't exactly successful for me. At first it meant I just walked out well-bandaged, and had massive bruises (and looked like a junkie) for a few days. But then I had a couple of times where I was ill afterwards, and once I was basically out of commission for 3 days. I couldn't afford to miss days of work over blood donation, not to mention that it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. So a little bit of fear kept me away for a while.

But I knew in the back of my mind that I should do it. I'm capable, and it could mean someone else's life. And that's why it made it on to my goal list.

Surprisingly, I had no trouble with my 3 visits. Whatever the issue was seems to have passed. Although it's a little trickier to do it regularly since we moved (there's no permanent clinic here, just a pop-up every two months), I'm sure I can now go in feeling a lot less apprehensive.


Oh and the bus was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment