Monday 2 September 2013

My Eyes Will Do The Same, Every Day It Will Rain

Everyone knows that the book is always better than the movie. Always. Sometimes the movie does a pretty good job, but who are we kidding? The book wins every time. Some examples... the first couple of Harry Potter movies are very true to the books, good job. The movie Sundays At Tiffany's is a cute Christmas movie; the book happens in spring. Totally bizarre. (Also sucks when you saw the movie first, thought you were picking a Christmas book for your December book club, and it ends up as it did. Not that that happened.)

Out of this goal, Nick also gave me the suggestion to watch movies first more often, since after a spectacular book, the movie is most of the time a letdown. That way, so he says, you can enjoy the movie (rather than criticize every mistake) and then later enjoy the book even more. We'll see. I'm aiming to try that tactic with The Hunger Games; I've seen the movie, so we'll see how the book is. Once I finish this goal list of course.



Most of my combos, the movies did fairly well. Sometimes I wished they had picked different actors (*cough*Twilight*cough*), and sometimes I was really confused about the changes they made (The Lightning Thief had many; I cursed a lot during that one. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, they changed siblings to step-siblings, no idea why). But overall, I wasn't too upset at any of the movie interpretations. But man what I wouldn't give to be able to do my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment