Thursday 27 October 2011

If You Ask Me How I'm Doing I Would Say I'm Doing Just Fine

In the end, the cabbage soup diet was a success. I did indeed survive the whole week, and although the soup itself dropped off my menu early in the week, I still lost 7 lbs. I know I'll go back up a bit this week once I go back to normal eating again, but hopefully it helped me break through the wall I was up against. I'm feeling pretty good about myself nd even wore a pair of pants that I haven't work in years, a size 10! Pretty exciting.

My training sessions are coming to an end soon; I have 5 sessions left. I don't mind really. Although I like what they have done for me, and Natasha has been great, I really don't enjoy them anymore. At first it was hard work, but I looked forward to going. Now it just feels like torture and I don't really enjoy any part of it. Don't get me wrong, I expect a workout to be challenging. But dreading them is not good for progress I don't think. I'm not sure where the switch happened, like I said, Natasha has been fantastic. I think part of it is that with strength training, you do want to take your muscles to fatigue, which means you "fail" at some point, and my brain has a hard time digesting that. I like that my stomach is flatter, my arms smaller, and my clothes fit better. I like that I can almost touch my toes. I don't want to lose any of that, but I don't want to continue the personal training. And I think our wallet is ok with that!

My next challenge... the Halloween party this weekend. It's where I always fall apart, once there is lots of food around me and I can't control my environment. I imagine there will be lots of chocolate bars, lots of snack foods and lots of desserts. It's going to be tough, but I really want to do well this time. The last few times I have faced tough situations, I have floundered, and then felt poorly about myself afterwards. This time I would like to come home and feel proud of the choices I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment