Wednesday 19 October 2011

And The Drum Beat Carries On

I've been stuck for a while, the last couple of weeks I guess, weight-wise. I got down to 171.8 lbs, so very close to the elusive 160's, but kept bouncing up and down between that and 175, because I kept eating things I knew I shouldn't. We were out of town for a wedding, then out of town for a housewarming party, and my control over meals was gone, which seemed to mean my self-control was also gone. This morning I was back up to 176.4 lbs (ah!) but I also started the infamous cabbage soup diet today.

If you are unfamiliar with this diet, check it out here. Basically, you eat unlimited amounts of cabbage soup all week, and each day is certain additional foods. It is only intended to be done for one week. I've tried it before, a couple of times even in high school, but I don't know if I ever actually finished a whole week. It was always purely for weight loss purposes. This time, it is partially weight loss, but also largely as a cleanse. I started to feel not so great after eating less healthy food for a few days. And I desperately needed to get back on track. The cabbage soup diet includes more than enough fruits and veggies, so it seemed like a good way to kick start myself into action.

I'm not loving the cabbage soup itself, but it seems to be filling so I tend to space out while I'm eating it and I don't even notice how it tastes. I was surprisingly not hungry at any point today, although I made sure I had lots of snacks handy. Besides soup, today I could eat as much fruit as I wanted, except bananas. I had apples, an orange, blueberries, grapes and a grapefruit. And a frozen fruit slushie after dinner. Tomorrow will be a bit tougher; soup and vegetables. How on earth do you have a breakfast of just vegetables?? Not to mention that it's parent teacher interview tomorrow night, so I'll be at school until quite late. The good news is that tomorrow is baked potato day, so I have one cooked and packed to take with me to school for dinner, along with roasted broccoli and green beans, baby carrots, orange pepper, and of course soup. And hopefully this insanity will be worth it by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment